dampchaser

Christopher D. Purdy purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 16:59:13 -0400

Hi,

I installed a damp chaser system (humidify/dehumidify) on a brand new
Baldwin R for a customer a few months back.  Yesterday I was there to do
the first tuning since I installed it and was very suprised to see the
soundboard raising in a couple of places.  They are not compression ridges,
yet, but the soundboard has a definate hump running along the grain.  The
humidity here is low in the winter, it was 35% yesterday.

I hung my digital hygrometer as close to the soundboard as possible and
will be checking it often but I am afraid of what may be going on here.  I
don't want to be responsible for trashing this board, she wanted to protect
the soundboard and now this.  What could be happening?

chris

-Christopher D. Purdy R.P.T.   School of Music  Ohio University  Athens OH

-purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu   (740) 593-1656    fax# (740) 593-1429