Piano Location

LTpianoman@AOL.COM LTpianoman@AOL.COM
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 00:07:53 EST

Kent,
Baby boomers know this from Elton John's 1973 album, but I think it goes to
the wild west days when gunsters would barge into a saloon and start shooting
up the place for some old-western kind of reason... so since the piano player
usually had no beef with said gunster, or connection with the clientel (he's
just providing the background music), they usually hung a sign on the
piano...hence "Don'y shoot me, I'm only the piano player" That is just my own
deduction, so I could be way off !!!!

Larry Trischetta, Pocono NE Chapter,
Scranton, PA