DC Query/a possible solution

RptBob1@AOL.COM RptBob1@AOL.COM
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 08:27:04 EST

In a message dated 3/6/00 12:53:38 AM Eastern Standard Time,
KENNETH.GERLER@prodigy.net writes:

<< particular
 > level tho as the hygrometers just show the present, high, and low levels
 > each time I check them.
 >
 > The guy who runs the import of these in Norway suggests that I cover the
 > bottom of the grand with a thin plastic film, enclosing thus the whole
 > system and underside of the gr >>
Richard:

I have installed sheets of mylar (available from Damppchaser) under several
Grands to ward off heavy air movement towards a cold-air return next to these
pianos.  The installation does not cover 100% of the bottom of the Grand
since there has to be room around the De-humidifier for it to work properly.
This is, therefore, not an "airtight" installation and the piano area under
the soundboard does not suffer from excessive moisture buildup.  I have
noticed no adverse effects from this installation technique and it
immediately brought me the results I was shooting for: the system was now
working very well without interference from air blowing across the piano
bottom. Incidentally, I used large headed tacks (like the ones furnished by
DC for new installations).  There is the inconvenience of having to remove
the mylar each time you clean the Humidifier tank.

Bob Bergantino,RPT
Willoughby Hills, Ohio