Piano Location

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 09:19:59 EST

In a message dated 3/6/00 12:06:21 AM !!!First Boot!!!, mtodd@pianotech88.com
writes:

<< Dear List,

 I know someone who is moving into a new home.  Their concern is where to
 put the piano.  The lady would like the piano in their living room, but
 there are no inside walls in there.  There is at least one inside wall,
 upstairs in the school room.  And there is a spot next to a wood stove,
 but I doubt that would be good.  So, is there an alternative spot in the
 living room with no inside walls??

 ANY help will be accepted!

 Matthew

I presume this is a vertical piano. There are several ideas.

1. put the piano to the back of a sofa.
2. Nail, or staple, a rug, or other attractive covering to the back of the
piano, and place it anywhere in the room as if it was any other piece of
furniture.
3. Up against the stairs.

I presume there are many windows in the living room. It would be advisable to
put a sun blocker of some kind on the windows to keep out the ultra violet
rays. This will not only keep the finish of the piano and other furniture
from fading, but it will reduce glare and heat.

Willem