pitch raising survey

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Mon, 06 Mar 2000 18:24:53 +0100

My limit is 5hz. If the piano is at 435, and needs to go to 440 then its an
automatic second tuning a week later. I know a lot of techs think this is a
waste of time and effort, but I have compared many pianos tuned both ways a year
or so later and the results of my comparisons is why I do this. Plus because I
aggree... owners who neglect their pianos dont get a whole lot of sympathy from
me. Plenty of understanding, but not a whole lot of sympathy.

I explain that they will get more for their money if I rough it in today and
tune it fine for a week, then if I sit here for for the time it takes to get it
stable, and that in any case the charge is the same. This has the added benifit
of not screwing up my day with unexpected extra hours along the way.

thats my view anyways... grin

--
Richard Brekne
Associate PTG, N.P.T.F.