DC Query/a possible solution/and further

RptBob1@AOL.COM RptBob1@AOL.COM
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 20:53:20 EST

mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

<< allow for openings. And, since there must be openings as you say, could
 not these
 > be such that the mylar (or what ever is used, can be left open at the spot
 where
 > the dehumdifier is so that it can be serviced without removal of the >>
Richard:

It would seem to me if you want some moisture retention within the cavity of
the piano, that the use of a porous material would be counterproductive to
the goal.  The "breathing" action of cloth-like materials would not be the
way.  If you were using the under cover for wind deflection-as I was doing-
it might work satisfactorily.  All of this conjecture, obviously, is without
scientific backup.  This is, at this point, just something I have tried and
it has seemingly worked for me in two applications.

Bob Bergantino,RPT
Willoughby Hills, Ohio