Pin Torque survey - results are in!

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Tue, 07 Mar 2000 08:26:51 -0600

>I am, however,  quite astonished that the loquacious luminaries of this list
>were so silent on this question. Perhaps I missed some posts?  When a pedal
>squeak can draw 25 posts, I cannot fathom the indifference shown to such a
>vital aspect of piano rebuilding.
>
>Bill Simon

Well, loquaciousness fits, if not luminosity, so I guess I qualify. I
didn't respond because I don't habitually take torque readings. My drilling
methods don't change much from block to block, and I use the same type of
block from job to job, so my resulting torque values are at the high end of
comfortable tuning. I don't work from the numbers back, so I don't bother
to produce numbers.

How about - Unlike those in some new pianos, you can turn my pins with one
hand without digging a hole in the floor with your heel.

Ron N