Relocating

Joel Jones jajones2@FACSTAFF.WISC.EDU
Wed, 08 Mar 2000 12:44:22 -0600

on 12/2/99 6:08 PM, Matthew Todd at mtodd@pianotech88.com wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> I am in the middle of the Potter piano course.  When I am finished, my
> desire is to relocate somewhere else.  Do you think it is wise to plan
> that right after the Potter course, or do you think I will have a much,
> much better chance of success if I wait till I have some experience?
>
> How would I go about relocating to a different state and town?
>

> Thanks!
>
> Matthew

> Attachment converted: Jones HD:mtodd.vcf 1 (TEXT/ttxt) (00018BDB)
Mathew,
I came across your email in redoing my computer and wondered if I had ever
answered your questions.  How goes the course at this time? Have you any
further thoughts on relocating?   Where are you getting experience on tuning
or regulating?
    Since you wrote  I have some funding to have a part-time technician here
at UW School of Music in Madison.  The job would involve tuning and
regulating for practice rooms, classrooms, and faculty offices . Some shop
work would be possible, but most of our shop is replacement of action parts.
Most of our rebuilding is major - soundboard etc.- so we send that out.
    Depending on your skills and level of tuning this might be of interest
to you. Let me know if this is of interest.
Joel