surcharge

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 00:42:04 EST

In a message dated 03/08/2000 7:04:00 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Wimblees@AOL.COM writes:

<< With the increased cost of gasoline, and higher prices to follow, I am
 contemplating doing one of two things: raise my tuning fee $5 or $10, or add
 that much as gasoline surcharge to every appointment.

 The increase in fee would appear like a permanent solution, but might be
 looked on as charging too much to soon. (I increased my price by $5 in
 September.) The surcharge, I think, might be understood by my customers.
 (They all know we are paying much more for gas.) And if prices come down, as
 they are predicting they will in the fall, I can remove it.

 What are some thoughts on the matter.

 Willem

I raised my fees $5 dollars the first of the year because of the sudden
increase in gas prices. Now that the prices are going up again, I may have to
raise them again another $5 or $10. As for lowering them if the gas price
will go down ask this question: will the cost of goods and service go down
for you?  Parts and supplies.  Coast to Coast hardware? Perhaps you should
base your decision likewise. Unfortunately we all pay twice, at the gas
pumps, and the costs of goods and services.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland Chapter
Oregon City, OR