surcharge/precursor of INFLATION

David Ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 08:33:11 -0800

Actually the Clinton administration has asked OPEC to increase production
not lower prices.  If I was OPEC and I had a finite amount of oil in the
ground I would darn well keep the production low and the price high.  Its
funny how the gas pump immediately goes up but slowly goes down.  Where is
my electric car?  I drive less than 60 miles a day and I think they would
work for me.

David I.

I just heard Clinton has asked the OPEC nations to reduce the oil prices,
and
they have consented. But by the time the actual costs will come to the gas
stations, it will be late summer. By that time, however, the damage might
have been done, (inflation), Unless, the governments steps in and loosens
the
money supply.

Wim