surcharge

Larry J. Messerly prescottpiano@juno.com
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 09:44:11 -0700

I hesitate to say this but my fee increased to $88 this year.  I did not
feel comfortable breaking the $90 barrier.  It has been very interesting
to me that I have had no comments or complaints AT ALL about this recent
increase.  It has convinced me to stay away from fees ending in 5.  The 5
ending may make it seem like I pulled the fee out of mid-air and the  fee
ending in 8 may seem to be in my customers minds based on costs of doing
business.  So I am already planning my next increase to $93.

I also find that in presidential election years business tends to slow as
the election gets closer.  That's why starting 4 years ago, I increased
my fee the month before the election. (to make up for decreased
business.)  NO ONE complained.

Larry Messerly, RPT
Phoenix/Prescott