Knabe sloped/curved pinblock project

Bdshull@AOL.COM Bdshull@AOL.COM
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 20:11:35 EST

Hi, Brian:

I've sort of followed your notes about the Knabe;  I have a Style 2 Steinway
(7'4") which is similar, and I am tearing into it now.  The pinblock setup
sounds very similar.  I think we both hit Del up for help, and so I am
working with the excellent handout notes he emailed me, but I am very
interested in the details of what you did.  Was there a bolt going through
from the keybed or inside the keybed from the rim?  Did you use belt sanders,
hand planers, routers...for the pinblock?  Did you use Bolduc, Delignit, good
old rotary sawn?   I relate to your predicament;  the tunings won't let up,
and the shop is a nice change of pace, especially when the job is done and
the money comes in;  it's getting the job done....

Bill Shull
University of Redlands, La Sierra University, Riverside City College

n a message dated 3/9/00 4:03:08 PM Pacific Standard Time,