Response to David I., electric cars, way off topic...

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 01:12:28 -0600

> technological advanced piano with the bias generated by a predisposed
> public that is convinced that A Steinway is worth three times what an
> equalivalent no name brand will sell for and you will understand the
> problem.  > Carl Meyer

If you are talking about a Steineway made before 1940 you are
right.    ---ric

ps the "predisposed public" is predisposed to thinking they are elite. If
the common person bought a SnS the "predisposed" wouldn't want it.  That is
why it costs three times its worth.   Whenever another Horowitz, Rubenstein,
Paderwiski, or Rachmaninoff comes along, whoever (piano makers) gets these
endorsements  will surely have to raise their prices three times. Do you
wonder why the modern American names like Van Cliburn, Andre Watts, or even
the South American Claudio Araru (sp?) don't endorse? (haven't been asked
to?) ?
  I suppose when production starts to exceed demand they (the makers) will
think about the good ole days of "sponsoring a tour".