Kimball damper rod hangers

David Ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 08:50:01 -0800

The repair I have used is to punch out the broken piece (rod on a vice) and
use an appropriate size nail as the new hanger.  Make the bend in the vice.
Cut off what you don't need like the head ;-/

David I.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Arlie D. Rauch
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2000 3:51 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Kimball damper rod hangers

I've recently run across two vertical Kimballs with broken damper rod
hangers.  They broke off right at the rod.  It seems that the hanger
near the rod split perhaps gets more abuse than any of the others and
eventually gives up.

Are there any repairs for this unique to Kimball?  What is the best
repair?  At the time I remedied it by drilling out the stuck end and
replacing it with a modified hinge pin.  They're working now, but I
don't know for how long.

Arlie
Arlie D. Rauch
Glendive, MT

If you have nothing better to do, check out
http://members.tripod.com/~Turbooster/.  You'll be glad you did.