Kimball damper rod hangers

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 13:31:43 EST

In a message dated 3/11/00 6:09:46 AM Pacific Standard Time,
adarpub@midrivers.com writes:

<< I've recently run across two vertical Kimballs with broken damper rod
 hangers.  They broke off right at the rod.  It seems that the hanger
 near the rod split perhaps gets more abuse than any of the others and
 eventually gives up.

 Are there any repairs for this unique to Kimball?  What is the best
 repair?  At the time I remedied it by drilling out the stuck end and
 replacing it with a modified hinge pin.  They're working now, but I
 don't know for how long.

 Arlie
 Arlie D. Rauch
 Glendive, MT

The repair sounds good to me. That is what I have done. In fact, you went one
step further. You use a hinge pin. I used a nail.

Willem