quarterly tax

Charly Tuner charly_tuner@hotmail.com
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 21:49:47 PST

Hi all,

I'm sure many of you are already aware, but for those who may not be,
starting this year we can now pay our quarterly tax estimates by PHONE! Yup,
there's a toll-free 800 number (Complete info below) that let's you pay by
credit card, and they give you a confirmation number...that's it--NO
PAPERWORK REQUIRED! Until April 2001 that is. Anyway, I think this is a
pretty cool development. What do you think?

Terry

>>Payment by Credit Card
Beginning March 1, 2000, you can generally
pay part or all of your estimated tax by using
a credit card (American Express Card,
MasterCard, or Discover Card). To do
this, call 1 –888 –272 –9829 (1–888–2PAY
-TAX), toll-free. Based on the amount of your
payment, you will be charged a convenience
fee. The IRS will not receive this fee. You will
be told the amount of the fee during the call.
Then, you will have the option to continue or
cancel the call. You can also look up the
amount of the convenience fee on the Internet
at www.8882paytax.com .
If you decide to continue, you will be given
a confirmation number at the end of the call.
Make a record of the confirmation number.
Do not include the amount of the conven-ience
fee as part of the estimated tax pay-ment.
There is nothing to send in when you
pay by credit card.>>