Copy router for pinblocks

Richard Anderson tknostf@foxvalley.net
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 19:01:48 -0600

Thanks for the replies guys,
Working off the plate was my first thought, but inverse duplication of more
than one surface requires linkage that would be difficult to make stiff
enough for that large of a surface area. Also, fitting to the panel usually
takes less time for me than fitting the flange. I've seen plenty of blocks
that were poor patterns, but it's not too difficult to improve an old poorly
fit block enough to use as a pattern. Since it's the block that's being
duplicated and not the plate, I decided on duplicating the block.
Duplicating the block trims the perimeter, takes care of slopes and raised
panels, as well as the flange. It should take care of all 5 surfaces in one
setup. It will also be handy to have a copy router for other things if
needed. One thing I haven't decided is if I'm going to have it tilt as well
as move xyz. If I did that I could swap the router for a pneumatic drill
assembly and drill the block as well.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Richard Anderson