Baldwin Hamilton butts and backchecks

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 09:46:48 -0600

Hi Andrew,
                It is a similar sythetic material,  Mark the hammer Rail
carfully at each bracket, take a set square and mark the end shanks to the
end wippens.
You can now remove the hammer rail, only 4 or 5  screws.
  The wippens are now exposed so you can remove the old material.
Replace with new leather.
Reinstall rail to markings. Reulate action. Since the new material will not
be the same thickness, Hammer line, let off, and drop, will be way off.
About 8hrs for the complete job.
Roger
I have done several this way, it is a lot faster than removing the wips. No
extra spacing and travel required.

At 07:37 AM 17/03/00 -0500, you wrote:
>This reminds me . . .
>
>Is it the same material in Kimball LaPetite grands where the jack regulating
>screw seats on the wippen?  Sure sounds the same.  I have a customer who
>would like a solution.  Any ideas?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Andrew Remillard

Roger Jolly