Market research

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 11:35:08 -0600

Hi,

A few years back there was an article on computer ownership--in it piano
ownership was compared. At that time 10% of homes had a piano. Another
litte item of Stats. The typical *home* has 2.5 residents, so if you have
100,000 people you will find 100k/2.5= 40,000  homes X 10% = 4000 pianos.

At 10:29 AM 03/18/2000 -0600, you wrote:
>Statistic buffs,
>
>Can anyone tell me if there are statistics out "there" somewhere that
>would give a person a rough (real rough) idea of what percentage of
>households have a piano on average for the U.S. or maybe even regionally
>(may be asking way too much there).  I'm revising my business plan, and
>I'm trying to estimate the tuning market in my area.  If anybody has any
>leads to statistical data, or even a guess as to what the percentage
>might be I'm all ears. (Isn't that a good trait for a tuner?)
>
>Todd L. Mapes
>Fort Smith, AR

Regards,

drose@dlcwest.com