NPR (not piano related) Census 2000

John Dewey jdent@soltec.net
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 08:06:54 -0600

To give a somewhat answer to a couple of your questions. In an article in
our news paper a census guy said the flush toilet question would help in
targeting where to spend home rehabilitation HUD money. The what time do you
leave for work question would help in designing transportation improvements.
Both of these seem like good reasons to me. We have seen cases on this list
where bad advice was given because the person posing the question didn't
give us enough data about the problem. If we want the government to spend
our tax money more wisely they have to have data to base their decisions on.

John Dewey