outrageous charges--estimates

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 00:01:34 EST

<< ie organized religion, political
parties, philosophical schools of thoughts are not at all necessary to form
ideas
about "right" and "wrong". There is a difference between religion as it is
practiced throughout the world, and "relious sense" (sense as in the sixth
sense.... if you get my meaning..:) )>>

Yeah well Richard I don't find anything to disagree with here but......I
thought we were talking about generic "religion, politics and philosophy" as
your original post did not state "organized" or "parties" or "schools of
thought".
Generic religion is nothing more than recognizing a higher power, of whatever
kind/shape/form/unknowingness, and that we are just a mere tiny part of a
larger scheme.
Generic politics is nothing more than human interaction wherein the results
of actions are considered best when the most benefit.
Generic philosophy is that set of beliefs each of us use to guide our actions
and are based partially on religion, politics, and our individual desires and
experiences.

 I grant that each of these three cornerstones of civilization have been
warped out of recognition in way too many cases...however that makes them
nonetheless essential ingredients for what passes for a civilized society.

  The person without such foundations leading their actions winds up charging
25 dollars per tuning pin, 1 dollar a punching and accepting the criticism of
fellow techs while he/she is setting their next 400 dollar tuning
appointment.  There is balance, whether we agree or not, and this type person
will reap the just deserts of their actions...albeit not as quickly as some
would like.  :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)