outrageous charges--estimates

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 08:53:26 +0100

JIMRPT@AOL.COM wrote:

> In a message dated 3/19/2000 11:58:20 AM, you wrote:
>
> << ie organized religion, political
> parties, philosophical schools of thoughts are not at all necessary to form
> ideas
> about "right" and "wrong". There is a difference between religion as it is
> practiced throughout the world, and "relious sense" (sense as in the sixth
> sense.... if you get my meaning..:) )>>
>
> Yeah well Richard I don't find anything to disagree with here but......I
> thought we were talking about generic "religion, politics and philosophy" as
> your original post did not state "organized" or "parties" or "schools of
> thought".

Er.. well actually I kinda thought the use of the term "Christianity" was
specific enough to qualify for the non generic charachteristic I intended to
convey... but so be it. Otherwise it would seem we aggree.. Words are always so
fun aint they ??

> Generic religion is nothing more than recognizing a higher power, of whatever
> kind/shape/form/unknowingness, and that we are just a mere tiny part of a
> larger scheme.
> Generic politics is nothing more than human interaction wherein the results
> of actions are considered best when the most benefit.
> Generic philosophy is that set of beliefs each of us use to guide our actions
> and are based partially on religion, politics, and our individual desires and
> experiences.
>
>  I grant that each of these three cornerstones of civilization have been
> warped out of recognition in way too many cases...however that makes them
> nonetheless essential ingredients for what passes for a civilized society.

I couldnt have said nor conceived of a better way of putting this. Whole
heartedly aggree. grin

>   The person without such foundations leading their actions winds up charging
> 25 dollars per tuning pin, 1 dollar a punching and accepting the criticism of
> fellow techs while he/she is setting their next 400 dollar tuning
> appointment.  There is balance, whether we agree or not, and this type person
> will reap the just deserts of their actions...albeit not as quickly as some
> would like.  :-)

True enough.. I just took the point a bit further.. saying that sometimes I smile
at the idea that perhaps when we die.. we will indeed meet our maker and "pay"
for our deeds. I have a feeling that if this is indeed the case there are an
awfull lot of folks out there in for a rude "awakening"... grin.

Sure tho.. the balance is tough to define, yet easy enough to see when one is way
over what ever vauge borders there are.

--
Richard Brekne
Associate PTG, N.P.T.F.