loose bridge cap

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 17:06:32 -0500

Friends,

Today I tuned a 1972 Baldwin Acrosonic spinet in which the bass bridge
cap was coming loose for the lowest 5" or so.  The rest of the cap
appeared to be tight.

Now I've done repairs where the whole cap was loose, removing all the
strings, screwing and gluing, etc.  But what about this?  Do I need to
follow the same procedure to do a good repair?  Or can I remove just the
bottom 10 strings or so and fix the one end?  It is out of position a
little bit.  Your input will be appreciated.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger