one potato two potatoes

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 20:57:14 -0600

> Let's also remember that the aforementioned vp also questioned the
> presiding teachers in the class whether or not the correct spelling
> wasn't sans "E".  I still think it was a setup.  Can you say vast left
> wing conspiracy?

So vast, the the right wing agenda was left gasping in the dust from the
flap.   Yes, if I remember it was a set up by the students due to a spelling
list of commonly mispelled words.  The students were to challange anybody,
their parents, older students, adults, etc as to the correct spelling, and
that was supposed to facillitate learning.   Then Dan Quale appeared.  Had
Al Gore been there I am sure he would have fared the same.  Or if he got it
right,  they would have asked him to spell  'menue' .   Obviously the lesson
worked, now the WHOLE world---free and not so free  knows how to spell
potato and I suppose if they watched the news the day after, also know how
to spell potatoes.  How grade school spelling lessons get perceived as vast
left wing conspiracies, I don't wanna know.  ---ric

Some more from the vast left wing......

Al Gore and Dan Quale appeared at a school for a debate.

One of the students asked, "Who wrote 'credulous' on the ceiling?"

Al Gore looked up... Dan Quale looked like a deer in the headlights.