Kawai Howard

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 08:52:18 +0100

My mom had one of those Kawaii / Howards. They were built in Japan and it
was a Baldwin contract. Not a particularily wonderfull instrument, but
useable enough. Never really thought much about it.

More recently I find myself getting perturbed at all these "names" that dont
really reflect who is making the piano and what kinda characteristics the
piano basically has.

Take the Samick company for example. There are several different "Samick"
types out there, but as far as I can tell you could just as well call them
all Samicks. They look and sound like Samicks. As far as I am concerned
pianos like Kohler and Cambell simply are not made anymore. (many perhaps
are happy about that as far as it goes.. grin)

--
Richard Brekne
Associate PTG, N.P.T.F.