perspective

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 22:26:31 -0600

>By the way, I put a very damp cloth over several key bushings at once and
>apply a hot iron.  Count to 15 or twenty and they all just about fall
>out.
>
>Roger Hayden

Hi Roger,
I did it that way for a long time. Actually, I used a strip of felt. Now I
use a small pressure cooker as a steam jet. It seems to be a little slower
than the felt/iron on the easy sets, and faster with the tough ones. The
steam jet doesn't tend to lift off key buttons or risk good ivory on the
tough sets like repeated applications of the felt/iron did either. At least
that's my experience. I pre-dampen the bushing sets before steaming to
soften the glue somewhat, and for thermal conductivity.

Ron N