key bushings

Chris Gregg cgregg@cadvision.com
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 08:19:47 -0700

Greg

	I just steamed out a set out last night.  It is definely the best way to
get the key bushings out.  Try it on removing old dampers as well.  You do
not have to buy the expensive Stanley Steamer.  Go to the hardware store
and buy a kettle that has a whistle in it, no automatic shutoff.  The one I
bought was $16.00 Canadian. Drill a hole in the whisle hole for a piece of
7/32 pipe, you will find a piece of dampp chaser tubing will fit over this.
I use a ballpoint pen on the other end as a nozzle and a piece of foam over
the tubing as a handle.  I also use a piece of foam, or you could use a
cloth, to push in the spout and voila, you have a steamer that is cheap and
effective. I could take a photograph if you are interested.

Chris Gregg

 http://www.cadvision.com/cgregg