S&S Duplex scales

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 12:58:22 -0500

Did S&S change the tenor scale on the 'L' since 1923?

Last week I ordered a set of duplex scales for an 'L'.

Arriving in less than a week (!) was a set with the tenor section
short a unison and the small extension on the bass side for a
two wires.

I left a phone message yesterday about the discrepancy and UPS just
pulled away (!!!).  The package once again is marked 'L' but the same
duplex scales are inside.

I left another message for Glorie to call to see wha's 'sup.

Most curious, Glorie does a fine job; maybe there was a packaging error?

So, is there a new duplex scale or are these for either an 'M' or 'S'  ?

Nothing to compare them to except the other 'L' and one 'O' in the shop.
Don't fit.

The Perplexed Duplex,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.