welding plates

Ron & Lorene Shiflet rshiflet@eaznet.com
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 07:51:21 -0700

    There's a guy in the Salt Lake Chapter that wrote a PTG Journal =
article years ago about welding plates.  I can't think of his name right =
now but he's about the last name in the Salt Lake Chapter...Some thing =
like Young.  I've been away from the PTG too long.
    Whoever the CTE is in Salt Lake, the one that owns the piano =
dealership and teaches at the nationals, he can tell you this man's =
name.
    Now, back to the story.  This guy welds plates and even has a money =
back guarantee.   He has never had a welding job fail to his knowledge.  =
I called him a couple of years ago and he was pretty neat.  He told me =
where his article was in the PTG archives.  He does a very good job of =
explaining why cast iron welds fail and how to prevent it.  Some people =
even ship plates to him.

Ron   =20