A question of liability/whose at fault?

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 12:25:39 -0500

Next time recommend installing double rubber wheels so the piano
_can_be moved out from the wall for cleaning without marring the floor.

If the guy is really irate, you might assuage his anger by giving him his
money back_and_installing rubber wheels. It would beat refinishing the floor
and/or increased insurance payments.

Jon Page

At 10:01 AM 03/25/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>In a message dated 3/25/00 7:21:21 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>bases-loaded@juno.com writes:
>
><<
> My question is this:  to what degree am I liable if it was caused by
> their piano and their casters, and all I did was roll it out from the
> wall.  She claims it is not a marring of the finish, but a denting of the
> wood that the husband is unhappy about.
>  >>
>Hi:
>It seems to me that you are  entirely liable for any damage-however slight
it
>may appear to you.  Looking ahead to  this kind of possible "damage" the
next
>time you do this kind of work is the lesson to be learned here.
>
>Sorry- just my spin on this.
>
>Bob Bergantino, RPT
>Cleveland, Ohio

Jon Page,   piano technician