Steinway Plates

Jim Dally jdally@knox.net
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 20:31:59 -0500

Some of you may be interested in a news story in the Columbus, Ohio =
Dispatch, newspaper.  The O. S. Kelly Company, Springfield, Ohio =
previously made plates for Baldwin but Baldwin took that process =
overseas.  Now O.S. Kelly has been purchased by "Steinway Musical =
Instruments, Inc." and this company is making plates for them.  The city =
of Springfield helped keep the company there by providing incentives, =
etc.  Forgive me if this is old news but I thought it might be of =
interest. It's nice to see  an  American company being able to stay in =
production. Kelly has been in business for 110 years.   Jim =
Dally/Howard, Ohio