Temperature Change affecting pitch

Larry J Messerly prescottpiano@juno.com
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 11:15:13 -0800

My conclusion from my poorly designed study is that it is important to
watch out for drafts (probably sun also) when tuning.  The change in the
string seems to be quite rapid and is only ameliorated when the plate and
frame catch up.

I am uncertain if humidity or temperature changes cause individual
unisons to go out. Larry