Plastic Mason action parts

dale r fox foxpiano@juno.com
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 20:47:13 -0800

The compact Pratt (Win) S-2 style parts available in the catologues will
probably fill the bill.

It takes a while to get everything lined up well.  Don't underbid.
Quality may however be suspect.  At the very least,  plan on rebushing
the flanges before installing the parts. I haven't used Pratt parts for
quite a while,  though.  Maybe they've gotten better.  (maybe cows can
fly!).

Dale Fox

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000 21:30:09 -0600 Dave Doremus
<algiers_piano@bellsouth.net> writes:
> I just looked at a Mason & Hamlin console with plastic jacks, hammer,
> damper and wippen flanges and backchecks (!). Have any of you with
> more
> extensive upright experience than I found acceptable replacement
> parts and,
> if so,  who's got 'em?
> This belongs to a great old boy (80+) who lost his wife last year
> and would
> like to hand her piano on to the musical grandchild. Money is no
> object,
> quality is. All questions of intrinsic value aside, Id really like
> to see
> this thing playing again, it would mean a lot to the owner and aside
> from
> the crumbling plastic is really in quite good condition. Any
> suggestions
> for a good source of well made parts would be a help. Thanks,

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.