No EBVT at Convention-thanks to all

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 08:45:56 -0500

At 12:56 AM 03/28/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Dear List,
>
>Thanks for all the responses but please do not think that I would write such
>things merely to seek attention.
>snip<
>The EBVT with tempered octaves attempts to grasp the essence of HT tonality
>with a 21st Century perspective while making compromises that incorporate
the
>piano's own inharmonicity to satisfy the ear's general desire to hear more
>highly stretched octaves than are often thought of as appropriate.  An FAC
or
>similar smooth curve octave stretching calculation program cannot handle the
>irregularities.
<snip>
>I have not deliberately violated my pledge to keep my posts civil and non
>inflammatory.

HAH !!!!!!!!

>I'm afraid however that no matter how well Ed does, it will not change the
>fact that there are so many that will dismiss his ideas completely and keep
>on doing whatever they are doing thinking that it is the most appropriate or
>feasible way to work.

We know you will.

>It has now been over ten years since I ever tuned a
>piano in ET for anybody for any reason.  Only on the PTG Tuning Exam have I
>worked with ET.  I have found a way to tune the piano which is
>more *musically* appropriate than ET       or just about any kind of music
that
you
>would care to play on the piano.  I didn't say it was "better".
>Bill Bremmer RPT

YOU JUST DID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill,
If it is any consolation: the great ones are never understood in their own
time.

Nothing says more than a Freudian slip:
>" The loudest, most negative comments always come from those who do
> not know what they are talking about. It is so unfortunate that those are
> the people that get the attention."

Presentation is everything. Don't sell the steak, sell the sizzle.
How can you promote something when you constantly rant and rave?
Only politicians get away with negative campaigns, sometimes.
Maybe it's not the message but the messenger.

I see that there are tuners promoting HT's, I think what you are so
livid about is that they are not embracing your creation EBV,
(HVLP - LOL)

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@mediaone.net