Steinway Drinking

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 18:48:07 EST

In a message dated 3/28/2000 5:09:08 PM, Greg wrote:

<<I thought that mineral spirits was another name for paint thinner.
Greg Newell>>

Greg;
 Mineral spirits is called by many names and is used for many things, "paint
thinner" being one of the names and uses. Paint thinner though is a kinda
'generic' name for any compound that may be used for thinning paint. Some
paint thinners you can drink........no!.......... I mean like 'water' :-)
Among many other uses....if caught in a tight spot....... mineral spirits may
be used for a laquer retarder in order to allow for longer flow time, retard
bbbbblushing, etc.
 Acetone, Naptha, Alcohol, etc. are all "paint thinners" in one incarnation
or another.
Jim Bryant (FL)