Steinway Drinking

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 19:35:53 -0500

Mineral spirits are used for thinning oil based paints.
When thinning these finishes I prefer to use naptha and
save the mineral spirits/paint thinner for cleanup.

Being a petroleum based product some slick residue will
be left behind. Enough to hinder?  I don't think so but I'd
still keep my fingers crossed  :-)

Since it is a piano which is on the verge of needing restoration,
who's to say that this 'pushed it over the edge'?

How well do you like the touch-up guy  ?  :-)

If I had a choice of what to spill in a piano: water, soda, mixed drink,
milk, lacquer thinner, acetone, sulfuric acid, mineral spirits; I would
opt for the mineral spirits any day.

Time will tell,
my bet is that it won't be much, I'm optimistic.

Jon Page