Steinway Drinking

carl meyer cmpiano@earthlink.net
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 16:50:16 -0800

Roger:  I don't think Hilary would like to dye that stuff purple here.
Think of the c-h-i-l-d-r-e-n-  They'd think it was grape juice.  The big
c-h-i-l-d-r-e-n- might think its a bloody mary.  I've heard of
mentholated cigarettes, but not mentholated spirits.  Is that what you
drink when you have a sore throat?
By the way, I remember attending a class in Toronto many years ago by a
toxicologist from the Canadian goverment, who said that the toxicity of
lacquer thinner was (you would have to drink a pint of it to kill 50
percent of the imbibers)  Also, breathing the fumes may give you a
headache or naseua but would not do any permanent damage.  I was glad to
hear that since I don't find lacquer fumes that unpleasant.
He did say that at the turn of the century they put arsenic in hammer
felt to kill moths.  Interesting, huh.

Carl Meyer
Santa Clara, Ca.