When will it end?

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 06:31:46 -0500

Richard wrote:

> In general the higher the concert pitch.. the more "tense" the sound
> colour is. At
> least thats how I would word it. Just as say... beating thirds get quicker and
> quicker as you progress upwards raising concert pitch will increase
> the speed of all
> beating intervals.

I agree that faster beating 3rds should add tenseness to the music - but don't
String players tend to play more of a pure 3rd than a 'tempered' 3rd anyway?...
and  tuning at a higher Reference Pitch, the overall perception is that the music
is 'brighter' - I just don't hear it or feel it.

Maybe I need to be 'emotionally rescued'?!?!?

Rook