too much "pounding!"

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 06:18:46 -0600

>I use two fingers to set a unison. Alternating between fingers 2 & 3 and 3
& 4.
>It is unconscious, whatever works at the time.
>
>I have found some pianos respond better to a more gentle approach,
>especially if the player has a light touch.
>Jon Page

Alternating the fingers is a survival imperative. I also often find that
hitting them not so hard, but a lot more times in quick succession settles
them better than anything else. It depends on the piano, and if you don't
have a hundred ways of getting a string where you want it and settling it
in so it will stay put, you'd better start looking for the other ninety
eight if you want to survive.
Ron N