"tune to a midi module"

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 10:45:40 -0600

Have the theater put you in touch with their keyboard roadie.  They
probably want the piano to match the "module" that the piano triggers.  The
roadie would have to set this up for you to hear.  Tune the piano first then
listen to the module and the piano together, then work out any descrpancies
if need be.  There are tunible midis but the roadie can tell you what
they want with what they have.  You can listen to the thirds on the module.
If they don't sound right  you might have trouble and point it out to the
roadie if there problems when listening to module and piano  parallel. (I
would think the SAT could show this)  They might even have ETD settings for
you to follow.
     I know Barry M is not a church with a mid range (quality) digital
keyboard with a temp that is poo poo, that the Howard upright is supposed to
be in tune with,  but even so give the module by itself a close listen
  ---ric