Truck-stop coffee goo

Thu, 30 Mar 2000 05:36:19 -0600

Jill,

At 01:56 03/30/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi list,
>I came across an old Vose and Sons grand with a saturated pinblock (PBR
>overdose that didn't work? ) ...

PBR is what you need before you try to tune this thing. (or just Stroh a
party)

> It was done with  stuff that looks like
>truck-stop coffee goo,

Sounds an awful lot like "PinTite", or some similar pinblock tightener.
The pins which don't move the tuning hammer by themselves probably make you
think you are dealing with a marshmallow pinblock, too, right?

CA glue _might_ (emphasis MIGHT) help, but if you have bunches of
self-motivated pins that's iffy and TEMPORARY AT BEST.

>What can I do on this job as a newbie with a workbench but not
>a rebuilding shop?

Autopsy.

Conrad Hoffsommer - mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
- As far as I know, my computer has never had an undetected error.

***If you receive something that says "Send this to everyone you know",
.