surcharge revisited

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 09:41:43 EST

As you recall, I asked the question on charging a little extra for my tunings
to compensate for the increase in gas prices. For the most part, it was
recommended I bite the bullet, and wait it out.

Well, guess what, folks. Yesterday by Keyboard Carriage delivered two piano,
and the bill was $30 higher than normal. The normal delivery charge is $130
per piano. Not only had they raised the price to $140 per piano, but they
also added a $5 surcharge to offset the increase in diesel fuel prices. It
will be interesting to see if they remove the surcharge in a couple of weeks
when prices are supposed to come down.

Next week I going to add a $2 surcharge to my tuning bill.

Willem