Samick Stability

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 08:53:25 -0600

Hi Kevin,
              TThe coils tend to be quite loose, you can speed up stability
quite a bit by tighening them. Jim Bryant has a great tool for this.  You can
find a drawing in the T & T section of a back issue of the  Journal. Also seat
the strings to the bridge and give all bridge pins a light tap.  Expect the
piano to drop a good 40 to 50 cents.
Roger

At 07:10 AM 30/03/00 -0800, you wrote:

>     I plan on visiting a friend in Calif., and while I am there I thought
> that I'd schedule one or two of my old clients. I just spoke with one of
them
> last night, and he has a Samick grand which I put a Damp-Chaser in when it
> was new. It's about 1 year old now, and since I've been gone, he says
that it
> won't hold a tune more than 1 1/2 months. Seems like a good piano, the tech
> he's been using is not a dummy, and I really don't think that the
environment
> is the problem.
>     Does anyone have any ideas for unusual things that I should look for? I
> just figure that it has to be the environment, but it does have a well
> maintained Damp Chaser. HHHHHHMMMMMMMM.

Roger Jolly
Saskatoon, Canada.
306-665-0213