Temperature Change affecting pitch

Larry J. Messerly prescottpiano@juno.com
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 09:15:25 -0700

" You are sitting in your house and get to feeling to  warm so you turn
on the airconditioner which takes the outside air as it is...  humdity
and all and cools it down while pumping it around inside your house."

Dear List, I disagree,

Air Conditioners do NOT remove moisture from the air.

Pray tell, unless you have an air handler system as is used in large
structures to keep the air fresh, HOW are you getting that air into your
house to cool.  Most air conditioners I know just cool and recirculate
the air already in the structure.  Absolute Humidity remains the same,
relative humidity rises.  That's why in Phoenix (and I presume elsewhere)
air conditioned air is good for pianos.

Larry Messerly, RPT
Prescott/Phoenix