too much "pounding!"

Charly Tuner charly_tuner@hotmail.com
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 08:53:58 PST

This is the same, or at least ONE of the methods that our Steinway tech
uses...but the "pressing" of the string with the brass rod is done ONLY to
cofirm that the string IS completely settled. So when he perfects a unison
with key strikes and setting the pin, (with the hammer) THEN he tests the
solidness of the unison with the brass rod.

terry