No EBVT at Convention

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 21:48:00 +0200

Well my friend.. YOU should care. If for no other reason then to be well informed
and indeed proficient at an important historical part of our trade. But more then
that because you will no doubt improve your ET skills in the process. Further,
you will be much better equiped to argue against the use of HT if that be your
intent. grin..

By the way.. ET or otherwise there really is no such thing as a "tuned" piano in
the sense you seem to refer to below. One way or the other its all a matter of
taste and compromises. Ok.. ET is the standard and understandably so.. and within
reasonable limits we have an apparent agreement on what a good ET tuning should
accomplish. But going on to say that this is the only "correct" way to tune is
going to far. It is certainly the most appropriate for most situations in todays
world. But I personally see no point in bringing the subject matter into the
realm of morals.

my take.. grin as always..

--
Richard Brekne