Jumpy strings?

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 19:28:14 EST

In a message dated 3/30/00 7:24:09 PM !!!First Boot!!!, gnewell@EN.COM writes:

<< what I'm really trying to do is understand
 why the problem is there. .... but what caused it in the first place? >>

If it is a notch in the string, I can only guess that somehwere along the
way, someone might have put a screwdriver tip to the string. Another
possibility is that it sat in one location for along time, against the agraf,
and it created a notch. Perhaps the piano was not tuned for a long time.
These are only guesses. I don't have a possitive answer.

Willem