Sending chapter newsletter via email - help.

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 21:58:04 -0600

>I just reread your post Ron and I am sending it in native MSP format and the
>recipient does not have MSP.  So is he out of luck?  It sounds like it.
>
>Doug Mahard

Nope, or at least, maybe not. While you're looking at the screen in MSP,
highlight all the text and copy it to the clipboard. Minimize the MSP
window and open Notepad. Paste the clipboard to Notepad. Notepad strips
formatting stuff and junk outside the ASCII range. If you see anything
there other than ASCII, clean up the text while you're still in notepad and
highlight and copy it to the clipboard. Go to your E-mailer and paste the
clipboard into an empty E-mail message. Address and send. I compose my
newsletter on Word these days, copy the text to E-mail for immediate
dissemination, and to Ventura Publisher for the snailers. It's easier than
working from the Publisher back. You might try that next time. BTW, compose
off-line. No point in keeping the whole world connected and waiting.

Ron N