Inquiry

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 2 Sep 2000 20:33:06 EDT

In a message dated 9/2/00 10:24:59 AM Central Daylight Time,
rbeaton@initco.net writes:

<< Just tuned a Steinway L #225270 (1924)  The owner is thinking of selling it
 and wants to know how much to ask.
 Piano was partially rebuilt in FL several years ago.  This piano at one time
 had a player action in it, so it is about a foot longer than normal.
 It has new strings and tuning pins. Also hammers are new and could see quite
 a bit of new felt. She says the plate was refinished.  The soundboard is
 original and has a long crack next to bridge.  Piano works well and sounds
 good.  It was also professionally refinished in dark wood color.
  I'm quite sure the pin block is original and the tuning pins are new. They
 were not drivin down far enough. About 1/4 inch showing below the coils. The
 coils look nice.
 Any advice of sugestions?
 Dick MT

You say it was a player. So does it have the extra "box" in front?
Considering what has been done to it, and the current market, and if it does
have the player "box" in front, I would guess about $15,000 - $20,000.

Willem