Really old Broadwood

Sun, 03 Sep 2000 11:50:52 +0200

I will be looking at an old Broadwood Square Grand (I am told anyways) that
has been laying around collecting dust for about 80 years. I am told its
from early on in the 1800's

I will not be taking on this job, just wanted to see it and help the
customer decide whether or not to send it to be restored. Was just
wondering if there was anything in particular outside of the normal things
we look for in modern pianos, that I should pay particular attention to.

By that I mean like things that might make this instrument valuable from an
historic point of view, peculararities in basic structure I should look out
for, or case work stuff that might be of particular interest.

This is not my forte, so any help you can send along will be an aid to the
fellow who owns this instrument.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.